Requirements to study at the University of Applied Sciences

Who needs to have their reports validated by uni-assist?

People who have not gotten their higher education entrance qualification in Germany or at a school with German examination rules must get their application reviewed by uni-assist.
uni-assist checks if your application documents are complete and if your education certificates entitle you to admission into the course of study of your choice. You will have to pay a fee for this examination.

It is impossible to make a general decision for all countries of the world as prerequisites are too different. So, please look on the pages of uni-assist for detailed information and the required forms.


Please, transfer your application fee to uni-assist the same day you submit your application. To find out the amount of money to pay, please see uni-assist
There are different ways you may pay your application fee. You can either pay via direct debit from a German bank account or pay by credit card. The form can be downloaded from the internet page of uni-assist.
You can also transfer the fee directly to uni-assist:
Account number: 999 14 88 322
Bank code: 100 200 00
Bank: Berliner Bank
International bank number (IBAN) DE59100200009991488322
In the field of the designated use, please enter: Your last name, given names, date of birth and home country.
Please note: uni-assist has to receive the full application fee. So you may also have to pay further remittance fees.

Exceptions from the procedure of uni-assist

Applicants who have a certificate of the assessment test from ADD Trier available as well as exchange students of partner universities apply using the websites of Hochschule Koblenz.

Which documents are required for the application?

Besides the application form for admission to study, you also need to send in certified copies of the following:

  • High school diploma and any other documents that allow you to study in your home country
  • University certificates, overviews of all marks or transcripts of your studies up to now, if you have already studied
  • Proof of German language skills (DSH-2, TestDaF with TDN 4 in all parts of the test, C2 of the Goethe-Institut, Telc Deutsch C1, German language diploma DSD of the Conference of Ministers of Education, Prüfungsteil Deutsch). To apply for the study course Freie Kunst Keramik/Glas the certificate B1 of Goethe institute, TestDaF with a result of 3 in all partial verifications or DSH 1 (attested copy) are sufficient as proof.
  • Copy of the page of your passport that contains your personal data
  • Deposit slip of your application fee paid to uni-assist.
  • Applicants from China, Mongolia or Vietnam also need a certificate of the academic test centre in Beijing.

ASSIST requires all these documents to be submitted as certified copies as well as with certified German translations.

Please do not send in any originals! 

Proof of German Language Skills

The following proofs of German language skill will be accepted:

  • Test DaF: Test of German as a foreign language for study applicants. Test centres that offer this test are spread around the world. If you want to know whether there is a test centre in your home country as well, you may have a look at To be accepted at the HS Koblenz you need to score at least four points in overall average. It is important to know that the time for correction and processing may take two months. In Koblenz the test is offered at the University Koblenz-Landau. For further information, see, e-mail:, Phone: +49 261 287 1503.
  • German language examination for study purposes of foreign applicants ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber"), DSH in abbreviation. You need at least DSH 2. For more informations see
  • C2 Goethe certificate from Goethe-Institut. A high level of language skills is expected. For more information see:
  • German language diploma DSD of the Conference of Ministers of Education - level II.

Where and When Should You Apply

Application Deadlines for Winter Semester

(beginning of semester end of September / start of October)

  • 15th June for applications through uni-assist
  • 15th July for applications through the websites of Hochschule Koblenz

Application Deadlines for Summer Semester

(beginning of semester end of March / start of April)

  • 15th January for applications through uni-assist
  • 15th December for applications through the websites of Hochschule Koblenz

ASSIST needs to receive all applications for courses with restricted admission (numerus clausus) in their fully completed form with all required documents by this date. If you apply for a course that has no restricted admission, it is possible to hand in certain documents up to two months later.

To be able to clear up any unresolved questions and to guarantee a fast processing of your application, we recommend you send in your application as early as possible.
Please send in the completed application form at least one month prior to the final application date to:

Hochschule Koblenz
c/o uni-assist e.V.
Helmholtzstr. 2–9
10587 Berlin

You will get a notification from uni-assist about the result of your evaluation. If your documents are deemed sufficient for admission they will be redirected to the HS.

The final decision about admission and matriculation will be made by the Hochschule Koblenz.